Govt. of India has initiated a 90% centrally sponsored scheme known as the Scheme of Assistance to Homes” known as Sishu Greeha for the welfare of the children who are unfortunate. Objectives of the scheme is :
(1) to regulate adoption within the country to ensure minimum standards in care of children
(2) to provide support for institutional care within the country for care and protection of infants and children up to 6 years of age who are either abandoned or orphaned/destitute and their rehabilitation through in-country adoption.
(3) To promote in-country adoptions.
The following 3 NGOs have been recognized by the State Government and approved by Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India to run Sishu Greeha.
(1) Integrated Women & Children Development Centre,
Thangmeiband Yumnam Leikai,
(2) Tear Fund India Committee on Relief & Rehabilitation Service,
New Lamka (West)
P.B.No.95, Churachandpur ・795 128, Manipur.
(3) Community Development Programme Centre,
M.I. T. Road,